Downtime!

1. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

Expect lots of downtime this weekend, August 14th and 15th, as we perform a ton of much needed maintenance. We'll let you know the details when we're humming again.

Thanks
    Rob

Advertisement
    :
  2. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Just started a thread in the Lounge about this, VERY frustrating but, hope it
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Thanks for the warning.
  4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I hope everything gets fixed. I lost my premium membership. :(
  5. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

It was working fine for me in Tapatalk, G. :p

-sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk Pro Extended
  6. Frisco

Each page change now needs eleven cookies accepted (I have my browser set to let me accept or decline each cookie offer).
  7. G.Armour

A lot of posts from yesterday vanished. They must have rolled the clock back. I wonder what happened.
  8. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Good to know might want to consider posting this on the main page not the forum since many will not be able to see this while things are down.
  9. Frisco

Are you sure? I reloaded the page and the new posts appeared.

I think they're having a cookie acceptance issue as they work on the database, etc. (you have to reload after each new post, including your own, it appears).
  10. G.Armour

Pretty sure bro, I had over 3k posts yesterday, new avatar, and premium membership, now all are gone..
  11. Frisco

Bummer.. sorry to hear that.. but take heart; our admins are hard at work on the site; they'll be hearing about these things. ;)
  12. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Yup, I'm missing some posts too. I noticed it when a thread I posted in and moved to a different section came back.
  13. Frisco

Oh, the post count.. I don't know if mine's down, probably but I haven't kept close track of it.

Hey, wait a minute, 100 of my "thanks" are gone!

j/k.. :D
    Stoney62 and G.Armour like this.
  14. Frisco

I'm sure Rob or Phases will explain, but it seems clear that they had to do a "restore to previous time" with the site in order to wash out some bad code or other damaging thing which apparently occurred recently.
    Stoney62 likes this.
  15. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

Yeah I can say that the site has definitely been "rolled back" as I had well over 100 posts yesterday and changed my avatar.
  16. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

I just briefly chatted with Phases.. something went very wrong and we were forced to restore a backup of the site which was made one day ago. Yes, this means that one days worth of progress/activity is now missing. We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused. Please expect a more official, detailed statment from Phases sometime tomorrow.
    Jeted, EarlyMon, NightAngel79 and 3 others like this.
  17. RustyNail

RustyNail Well-Known Member

I assume you guys realize there are still issues, correct?
  18. G.Armour

Will they be able to restore anything that was lost?
  19. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

Thread Read is not renewing when you click on the forum name in the top bar. It's still bold blue until after you close and restart your browser.
  20. G.Armour

Well, there ya go, gave you one to try to replace one of the ones you lost bro. :)
  21. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Along these lines, if you click on the "go to last post" button ([​IMG]) AFTER a new post has been made you get a "boot loop."

Also, when clicking on the thread title you have to reboot the entire page to see new posts.
  22. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I was wondering why the forums were down this morning. I'm missing quite a few posts as well =(
  23. G.Armour

Looks like we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
  24. substring

substring Well-Known Member

I noticed the rollback to Thursday's backup. And I thought it was because the site got infected which is usually the reason for rollback. :)
  25. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

I guess we'll just have to wait and see until official word comes down.