Dpad--what's the point? Games?

Last Updated:

1. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Title says it all.

Advertisement
  2. pizz1000

pizz1000 Active Member

Games certainly but I can think of a lot of uses - moving from field to field in many applications, such as contacts, selecting a link in a list of links on a web page, etc. I would think it to be very useful.

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I Suppose it is another way to navigate through the phone and I suppose possible to use this for gaming to. your Question is like asking ...... Why have a Trackball? :)

It's also a nice visual feature to the phone , but it's personal preference if you wish to use it. Personally I would prefer the D-pad to be Silver in the middle rather than Gold , I think it will just look better :D

4. BSmith

BSmith Well-Known Member

Sometimes I'm sure we are going to love the D-pad. No need to rearrange you hand position to scroll down on the screen or left and right. I'm sure it'll help many people while they are driving. Imagine trying to edit an email or text and you have to put your finger right between the letetrs or to fix it to letters. Been there, done that with the Iphone, it's not fun all the time.

For games it'll be a big plus too, yes.

5. angusn

angusn Active Member

Really? Please let us know when you'll be on the road, so we can stay home :D