• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Drawable folders..

Hello guys!

I just have this question cus i have 3 folders and everyone else should also have when they create apps and i am now trying to update my app with some nice graphics for some buttons and such.. And now i wonder the following.

I have some button i want to add a picture to.. But there is three folders Drawable-hdpi, mdpi and ldpi, The buttons im creating need different sizes for each folder correct so when u use for example small screen phone the buttons wont be too big.. And the screen is big phone the buttons wont be too small.. Correct?

And now i wonder what kind of width and height should i have on theese pictures for each folder here?

Please help me. Thanks!

You are correct but you can also just
Create a folder called drawable, so res/drawable

In this folder you can place images that can be used on big or small devices, just make the image png or 9patched so stretching and resizing doesnt cause uglyness.
check out the links for more info:

multiple screen size developing
Supporting Multiple Screens | Android Developers

Userinterface guide lines like icons and menues and buttons etc
User Interface Guidelines | Android Developers

So basically check out the stuff there, and you should find the answers you need

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0
You are correct but you can also just
Create a folder called drawable, so res/drawable

In this folder you can place images that can be used on big or small devices, just make the image png or 9patched so stretching and resizing doesnt cause uglyness.
check out the links for more info:

multiple screen size developing
Supporting Multiple Screens | Android Developers

Userinterface guide lines like icons and menues and buttons etc
User Interface Guidelines | Android Developers

So basically check out the stuff there, and you should find the answers you need

Oh i didn't see ur post am sorry :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones