• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

drawing app with default selected colors

miltk

Nov 26, 2009
i'm looking for a SIMPLE, read not fancy, drawing/sketching app that has a set of default selected colors for it's basic palette. having the ability to select other colors by choice like most apps would be a nice too, but i'm really looking for the ease of pre-selected colors so i can work fast.

thx for the help

i'm looking for a SIMPLE, read not fancy, drawing/sketching app that has a set of default selected colors for it's basic palette. having the ability to select other colors by choice like most apps would be a nice too, but i'm really looking for the ease of pre-selected colors so i can work fast.

thx for the help

The Samsung Galaxy Note phones and tablets – the ones with a stylus – come with preloaded sketching/drawing apps with a default preset of colors.

What device with which Android version do you need it for?

Upvote 0
love the preset palette.
incredibly slow and lagging draw tool on the nex7. no doubt because of it's size. there are smaller apps that draw much quicker and therefore much less lag time.

doodle bug is quicker

Sketchbook on my Tab 10.1 is pretty good; I haven't found lag to be a problem with how I use it.
Will check out Doodle Bug. Thanks.

Upvote 0
yeah there's one version of sketchbook that's pretty convenient where ALL the tools pull down in one menu...i can't recall which. but the lag distance is like 1/4"...you'd think a quad core can deliver better.

i don't do long strokes. since i use the app for thumbnails my strokes are short, HOWEVER i do execute the strokes quickly and that may be the rub. i'd have to cut my execution time by 50% for the app to keep up.

btw...on the shape tool, of which there are 2, rectangle and ellipse,,does it color fill or just outline?

they should subdivide the category because a lot of that stuff is photo editing and goofy pics for kids.

whew,,there are a couple of ipad apps that are perfect

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones