• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Driver/USB/SD Card issues

pecanpies

Lurker
Dec 26, 2010
I recently bought this phone and am having an unnecessary amount of trouble connecting it to my computer.

At first, when I connected it to my computer, the phone showed nothing. The computer displayed the usual "found new hardware" notice. I was told at this point to install the Android USB drivers. However, when I downloaded the SDK Manager complete with the "google-usb_driver" folder, and selected to install the driver by browsing for it, nothing was found in this folder, and no drivers installed.

I eventually found some other files on the internet that were Android USB drivers. However, browsing for them didn't work either. At this point, I went into my device manager, where my phone was listed under "other devices", selected to update the driver, and picked one of the new files. A driver apparently installed.

Now, when I connect my phone to my computer using the USB cable which came with it, I finally get a notification of "USB Connected". I touch this notification, but I do not see anything to mount my SD card, but only a "Turn on USB storage" button. When I touch this button, the Android icon turns orange, and I get "USB storage in use". Nothing about an SD card. If I go into settings, "Mount SD card" and "Format SD card" are both greyed out. I go into my computer, which does not respond in any way to the phone being connected, and there are no new drives present. No SD card, no anything.

I have tried this with both debugging on and off.
I have tried it with different SD cards.
I have tried restarting my phone.
I have tried checking and unchecking "Mass storage only".
I have tried multiple USB ports.
All I want to do is put some files on my phone without having to take the SD card out and use an adapter to get things onto it. Is there any way to fix this?

Help would be much appreciated.

(running on Android version 2.2)

Welcome to the forums!
It looks like LG has own drivers for adb, try to download them via LG PC suite installation :
[HOW TO] Install USB drivers for the LG Optimus One - Android Forums

There are 2 ways to connect sd card :
- 1st - using mass storage - uncheck "USB debugging", check "Mass storage"
- 2nd - (adb way) check "USB debugging", when your computer recognize the phone as adb device (it's listed under "Android USB devices" in hardware manager, if you check "USB dedugging notify", you'll also see bug icon and notification in phone tray), click in the tray on "USB connected" and "Turn on USB storage", sd card should be mounted as a new drive.

Yes, "Turn on USB storage" just means "Mount sd card".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones