1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Drivers for Nexus 5 won't installSupport

1. xbroogw1

xbroogw1 Well-Known Member

When I connect my phone to the PC, it does not install the drivers. It always says failed to install. When I check in the device manager the Nexus 5 appears under other devices with a yellow triangle next to it. This is stopping me from rooting my phone.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Advertisement
    :
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

iowabowtech likes this.
  3. CrystalSC

CrystalSC Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. I had a thread going for it here. Something in that might be useful for you if you're using a newer OS than me (I have XP). The thread is HERE.
  4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

+1 to the above source. Download as zip to your PC's desktop. Extract contents of zip which should make a folder of the same name most likely, regardless, you want all the contents of that zip to end up in a folder.

Then goto your device manager, right click on the device that has the "yellow triangle" and update driver. Choose option to provide/find driver yourself selecting the driver folder you just made on your desktop as the destination.

Note: Just select the entire folder as the driver destination. Windows will drill into any subfolders/files automatically when searching for compatible device drivers.
    alostpacket likes this.
  5. xbroogw1

My OS is windows 7. I will try those Google drivers when I get home and post back.

Thanks.
  6. CrystalSC

Those drivers didn't work for me but hopefully they'll do the trick for you!
  7. xbroogw1

Thanks for your reply.

I used the drivers from here and they worked fine.
  8. CrystalSC

Lucky you. It didn't work for me. :(
  9. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

IIRC, you have XP. XP is a bear with getting MTP protocol working and that is, I think, the problem you ran into. I no longer have an XP machine, but y9ou might see if Post #10 in this thread is useful of differentfrom advice you already received.

[Q] MTP XP Driver - xda-developers

I haven't tried this so I'm making no claims for the results. I just know the issue is MTP and XP. ;)
  10. Rocco2012

Rocco2012 Well-Known Member

This is annoying. It says my drivers are installed but still won't connect. Uninstalled and re installed with the above methods. Have debugging enabled. Tried everything. On my laptop at home its working fine. On my PC at work, forget about it.