• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Driving Mode

This may or may not be helpful, since its not directly an answer to your question (I've not used the inbuilt driving mode), but I thought I'd suggest taking a look at Tasker. I have a driving mode set up in Tasker, extremely configurable and robust.

Mine brings up a menu asking which media player I want, maximises screen brightness and media volume, turns on GPS, pauses media playback on text receipt and reads the senders name and the text body, automatically answers calls from my GF and sends them to loudspeaker. Its awesome.

Upvote 0
This may or may not be helpful, since its not directly an answer to your question (I've not used the inbuilt driving mode), but I thought I'd suggest taking a look at Tasker. I have a driving mode set up in Tasker, extremely configurable and robust.

Mine brings up a menu asking which media player I want, maximises screen brightness and media volume, turns on GPS, pauses media playback on text receipt and reads the senders name and the text body, automatically answers calls from my GF and sends them to loudspeaker. Its awesome.

Thanks for that.
Please excuse my ignorance........where and how do I get Tasker?

Upvote 0
If you get it direct from the devs webpage you can get it with a seven day trial - pretty good idea since there is a bit of a learning curve with Tasker (but its seriously worth it). If you're at all like me you'll actually enjoy making profiles and testing them out!

You can do lots of amazing stuff with it. Of the profiles I've made on my own my favorite is the alarm one that gradually increases in volume, snoozes on flipping the phone over (rinse wash and repeat), and then stops on pulling the power out (my phone charges everynight), and then opens NewsRoom (morning paper delivery!).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones