• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid 1 Camera Negative Mode

Hello,

Just recently my camera is taking pictures in Negative mode! I have the original droid, I use the stock camera (no apps for the camera.)

I've tried to change the settings around to "daylight, cloudy, etc" but nothing seems to work. I don't see any mode that is to change to negative mode or anything like that.

I've turned off my phone, pulled my battery, everything I could think of, and it's still the same.

Any help would be appreciated as to fix the camera back to normal!

Thanks

[edit] I found out negative mode only happens when the flash is on.... but it didn't do that before when I always had the flash on...

Reactions: bizzula
I also have a Droid 1 and had this problem--I put the camera into negative mode accidentally (I think it must have happened when I put it in my pocket without turning it off first) and couldn't get it back into regular mode. It is sad how long it took me to figure it out. This discussion was the first Google result that I got when I was troubleshooting, so since it didn't have an answer I thought I would contribute one.

Here it is: bizarrely, those settings (negative, black and white, sepia, colored tints, etc.), are ONLY ACCESSIBLE WHEN THE CAMERA APP IS IN VIDEO MODE, even though they affect the still camera mode as well as the video mode. Once you put the camera in video mode, it is very easy to find them--just hit the menu button, and they appear alongside the other settings.

I tried all kinds of things looking for a way to set this, but it never occurred to me that I would need to go by way of the video mode to change a still camera setting!

Reactions: bizzula
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones