Droid 1 ROMs on Droid 2?

Last Updated:

1. publicanimal

publicanimal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, forgive me if this has been answered before.

I am a Droid 1 owner and not switching anytime soon, but my brother is thinking about stepping into the world of Droid and trying to decide between the OG Droid or the Droid 2.

I am trying to convince him to get the Droid 1 but mostly so that we would have the same device and could share ROMs and themes, etc.

Are Droid ROMs compatible with the Droid 2 and if they are would there still be a major advantage to using ROMs specifically tailored for the Droid 2?

The main difference is just the processor, motoblur, and hardware keyboard correct?

Thanks for your time and I know this is a lot of questions to throw out at once but if possible try to give a thorough answer. Thanks again.

Advertisement
  2. rustymcbain

rustymcbain Well-Known Member

The droid 1 roms usually effect more of the system than what is currently available on the droid 2. The droid 2 and from what we hear all of the new handsets coming from motorola, have encryted bootloaders. Effectively cutting us out of moost of the system. I would seriously not try flashing one, might just get an error or you might get a brick. Im sure there are devs working on getting around this but from the looks of things flying cars will be here sooner.

3. publicanimal

publicanimal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. Thornfullessrose answered the rest of my questions in PM so no further replies are necessary.