• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid 2.0.1 users try out this HTC 2.1 keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can find the 1.5 version of the HTC Keyboard posted across a dozens forums including all over the XDA site. I don't think there is any problem posting the 2.x version.

just because it's posted on forums doesn't make it legal. If HTC didn't publically release it, then it's illegal.

That's like saying that if somebody rips a movie and posts it on multiple forums, you can post it here because others have done it.

Upvote 0
Downloading it now on the droid

Package installer failed with could not parse file error on Moto Droid.

Nope I have 2.0, in downloads folder, hit 'run with' option in filedroid lite, chose package installer, and it says cannot parse.

You clearly didn't read the first post x_x Fail.

hopefully this works for someone

I am tired of the stock soft keyboard

There are a ton of alternative soft keyboards in the Market (just search for "keyboard"). I haven't found a multi-touch one, though. Some of them, however, are a lot of fun. SmallQWERTY is especially amusing.

Upvote 0
Sounds like you found out how to enable it from Settings.

Bummer...what a suprise, HTC is smarter than us. ;)

yea poked around and found the option.

Even if this did work, may not be all that useful for us as is... The keypad is really small, even in landscape mode (takes up maybe 80% of the width). The keypad opens, but immediately get that error and unable to type anything.

Upvote 0
does anyone know how to reverse engineer the APK files? maybe there's something that could be changed in there that would allow it? just thinking out loud...

Reverse engineering is not acceptable and is illegal ... discussion of it here or soliciting for it or someone that might know how to is not permitted ...

This thread is being lock ...

and the link to the apk is being removed ...

Promoting or aiding in the distribution of Non-released software is not permitted here and can get you banned

members have been PM'd

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones