Droid 2.1 Gallery: No pictures?Support

Last Updated:

1. Teibidh

Teibidh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have searched and found a couple of responses that say to kill the Gallery app and restart, and i've done this. I've also restarted the phone, reinserted the memory card and even put a different memory card in with a couple of photos in the root folder. No pics showing... If I use ES File Explorer (or any other file manager, I'm sure) I can still see the photos in my DCIM folder and they open just fine.

This issue is after installing 2.1 today.

Help?

Advertisement
  2. mom on the move

mom on the move Member

I actually had to delete the shortcut on my home screen and re-add it and then it worked fine. Hope you get yours working soon!

3. ksat

ksat Member

I'm having some other Gallery issues... It's wierd, actually.

With the SDCard mounted to my computer, the new Gallery loads fine, although, it doesn't find any pictures.

Once I dismount the phone from the computer and restart the Gallery, I get the following error:
    "The application Gallery (process com.cooliris.media) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Not really sure how to resolve but it appears that, possibly, one of my pictures/videos is corrupt and the app doesn't play nice with it?

Anyone have any thoughts how to identify the problem child or what else might be going on here?? Thanks!!

4. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Having the same problem...sooooo annoying