Droid 2.1

Last Updated:

1. puddin1

puddin1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I have read trough everything and am aware that as of right now the only way to root my phone is to completely wipe it and go back to 2.01. The only thing is I really don't want to. I have 2 questions.

1. Will there ever be a way to do it where I don't have to wipe my phone. If so, how long do you think it will be?
    2. If I do revert everything what will happen to the apps that I bought. Will I still be able to install them?

Advertisement
  2. droidftw

droidftw Well-Known Member

3. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

the apps you bought are down loadable for free ...the market remembers!! I installed sprecovery then loaded bb v1..it,s a 2.o1 rom but installs rooted...i actually ended going back to stock 2.1 for a few reasons...the main one being random reboots, a few a day

4. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

If you go to the Download ROM section in ROM Manager, there is a 2.01 stock and 2.1 rooted option.
    Normally it will ask if you want to wipe and/or backup.

Catch 22 on that is that you need Root to run the program, at least that's what the program recommends.
    I think there is a thread here on installing nandroid backup on non-rooted phones.
    Maybe do that (I haven't looked at the thread), and grab a rooted 2.1 file (if they are out there, which they should if it's on clockwork),

and nandroid without wiping---> at your own risk - I take no responsibility, nor do I recommend, nor would I do this.
    This is for your information, and is the best I can come up with as a potential solution.

Nick

5. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Wow, so much for me reading the whole thread, lol.

Well I didn't look at this link, this is the one I meant in my post - but if I am right, I am smart - hopefully this all helps you.