Droid 2 as a business device

Last Updated:

1. fascinated

fascinated Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking at the Droid 2 for mostly business use and coming from blackberry I like the idea of the keyboard option.

I know it will use Active sync, but does it sync with Exchange as well as blackberry?

Does it have a reminder LED similar to blackberry so I could tell whether I missed a call, email or text?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

yes it does have an LED indicator. I dont use exchange, so i wouldnt know how weel it is, but i do know it does sync with exchange.

3. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I use mine 50% business and 50% personal. Although my company no longer has an exchange server, I can tell you that there are other people on this forum that use this phones exchange support and seem to like it. The only issue is that I believe you are required to use a pin lock when you have it set up with exchange.

4. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

I am having a hard time with exchange, otherwise it's a great work device.

5. chromadroid

chromadroid Member

My office blocks that particular part of exchange that lets devices sync, so I don't know. I highly doubt that it would be able to sync with a blackberry server though.

6. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

I think he was asking if it syncs with Exchange as well as Blackberry does.

7. Cilraaz

Cilraaz Well-Known Member

I had problems syncing natively, but using Touchdown has been a dream.

8. fascinated

fascinated Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yep, I was referring to active sync. My understanding was that the Droid 2 has Android 2.2 and the sync is supposed to be improved. Does it sync the calendar appts and free/busy times and tasks like blackberry does when sync with a BES?

9. dittok92

dittok92 Active Member

It has for me. I'll enter all my classes, what's due, and my personal tasks into the google calendar on the computers on campus, and it will update to my calendar on my phone within a few minutes.

10. flyinace

flyinace New Member

Maybe you already found your answer, but I administer the exchange server for the company I work for. I've found my Droid2 syncs very well with the server (contact, mail, calanader). My one complaint was that it required me to add a PIN# for security reasons even though I had this requirement off on the exchange server.

11. GeorgeinLA

GeorgeinLA Well-Known Member

I have the D2 and MS Exchange at work, and after a bit of fiddling (make sure that when entered on your phone, your appointments are set to your work calendar, not the default Google calendar), everything works great. The comments above are correct about the PIN# deal though. That's a slight inconvenience if you weren't planning on that.