Droid 2 Auto Magnify?Support

Last Updated:

1. komputerfreek

komputerfreek Member This Topic's Starter

I have been recently having an issue with my screen when I am scrolling with one finger (no other fingers near the screen) it seems to auto magnify the website or auto scroll from left to right or up and down.

I have done a factory reset several times, cleaned the screen with cloth and have take great care of this phone and yet it still pops up.

Was wondering, since I do not pay extra for insurance, how would I go about getting this phone replaced?

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Well, if Verizon considers this a hardware failure and not accidental damage, then it is covered under your 1 year warranty. Just call Verizon or go to the store.

Does the problem happen anywhere outside of the browser? Does the auto scroll happen in contacts for example?

3. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Are you using a screen protector? If so, I'd try changing it. If not, I'd take it to a Verizon store and have them give you a replacement under your warrenty. Sounds like a hardware defect, where the screen is picking up a finger that isn't there.

4. komputerfreek

I do not have a screen protector, and it open happens in browser from what I can see. It occurs enough that it is annoying but not disruptive to the overall experience that much it just bothers me. Could it be that my thumb is just unusually large?

5. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I don't think so...my fingers a pretty big and I have not had any issues.

6. komputerfreek

Ok so if I call about how long will it take to get a new phone? And how would I go about unrooting my phone before sending it back. Also.. if I make a backup via ClockWork could I transfer the backup to a new SD and just reload it?