Droid 2 Benchmarked

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. orcsbane13

orcsbane13 Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder if the X is already using JIT.

3. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I find it hard to believe that the droid 2 has 2.2 when it is only slightly higher then the X in the benchmark test. Maybe the X is that much more efficient and faster with its processor i thought the X and the D2 had the same processor in them? Maybe im wrong

4. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Droid 2 is for sure running 2.2. That's actually lower than some of the benchmarks I've seen (highest being 1500).

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I guess they just made it to be faster then the original and made the X to be the true speed phone. Oh well still will be an awesome phone

6. jradicle11

The X and the 2 run at the same speed (1Ghz), it's just the 2 is on 2.2 which naturally runs faster. It is quite an awesome phone, runs quite nicely.

7. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I think he was referring to the benchmarks scores not being a lot higher than the Droid2 and the Droid X even though the Droid 2 is on 2.2. When the Nexus one or Incredible were on 2.1 they had really low scores than the 2.2 update gave them a huge boost in scores.

Off the bat on 2.1 the X had incredibly high scores, so everyone is expecting 2.2 to make it close to 2000. I am thinking the X was already optimized with 2.1 blur and it wont get as much as a boost as everyone thinks.

8. Eazail70x7

It is quite strange...

Remember a few weeks back we saw that the Droid X had a worse Quadrant score on 2.2 than it did on 2.1?? Maybe its not fully done??

The Galaxy S can reach 1400-1900 with the stalling/lag fix. And that is just 2.1. I've seen it perform after the lag fix and it is definitely the fastest phone I've seen after it is fixed.

YouTube - Galaxy S running LauncherPro and MCR R1 with Stall Fix

I would expect the Droid 2 on 2.2 Froyo to get a much better score on Quadrant than it did. I was thinking it would at least pass the Nexus 1...

9. jradicle11

I've gotten benchmarks that have surpassed the N1 on the D2.

10. Eazail70x7

^^

Do you think that there might have been some issues with the 1299 D2?? I see that you said you got 1500 and that seems more accurate...

11. jradicle11

It varies. Sometimes I'll get 1500 and other times it'll drop to 1100-1200.

12. darkbob

darkbob Active Member

droid x w/ swipe makes hardware keyboard obsolete in my opinion. Swipe is the best hands down text entry nothing is faster.But some people love the hardware i guess the D2 is for them.

13. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Droid 2 is going to have Swype too. It won't be quite the same since it's a smaller screen, but I really like the idea of being able to use Swype for short, one-handed text messages and the physical keyboard for longer emails and such.

14. jradicle11

My ideal setup would be Swype in portrait-mode, multi-touch in landscape-mode, and the physical keyboard. I hate Swype in landscape.

15. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Thats just your opinion the physical keyboard makes it easier to go back and fix something if you made a mistake rather then trying to get your finger to go to the exact spot you made the error

16. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I think that is why he said his opinion.;)

17. ckeegan

ckeegan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say "nothing is faster". Swype is great unless you enter numbers on even a semi-regular basis, and I also believe BlindType will give Swype a run for it's money in speed and versatility.

YouTube - BlindType - Demo1

18. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Thanks for the clarification i forgot i cant read so i need other people to retype things like that. Each person is different some will like the physical keyboard some will not thats why they made the X and the droid 2

19. DROIDing

DROIDing Well-Known Member

Can the Droid 2 be overclocked... or would that just be 'too much' and waste too much battery as 1ghz is already break-neck?

I might end up clocking it once that's available after the root is released... this will be my first-ever experience with Android, so I really want to get the most out of it and leave my life of Winmo in the dust!!! :)

20. jradicle11

It could be overclocked after it's rooted but I think the processor is fast enough as is. I've never had an issue with it being too slow.

Stock, it's already faster than your My Touch Pro or whichever device you currently have (I can't remember...).

21. DROIDing

DROIDing Well-Known Member

HTC Touch Pro 2, its actually been a good phone... but I am ready to move on. Thanks for your help... I don't think I will have to overclock it, what benefit would that even be?

I am most excited about voice to text, something that seems so small will be huge in my opinion... being able to text or 'write' an Email while driving!

22. jradicle11

A faster processor and the perks that come along with that. You also run the risk of burning out your processor, shorter processor life, and shorter battery life.

23. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

glad I got the Captivate. I just hope samsung stays on updates and get that GPS fixed.

24. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Swift Key is faster than Swype in my experience and experiences of some friends who've used it and compared it to Swype.