Droid 2 Bootstrap/Recovery Available

Last Updated:

1. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member This Topic's Starter

available on the market or at

My Brain Hurts

You can now make backups of your rooted droid. Also you will be able to install custom roms now once someone makes one.

Advertisement
    lukesdiesel and doomedromance like this.
  2. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I'm excited for my new toy.

3. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

Sweet

4. panchoochoa

panchoochoa New Member

hello, my droid A956 wont take my password and it says that I tried to many unlock attempts so its asking me to to sing in with my google account, to unlock but I disconnected phone so I wan't to know if there is a way that I could rebooted and erase the password so could use my phone with another wireless provider can someone tell me step by step because I tried ESC CTRL DEL but didnt work and by pressing X when it restarts someone please help me.[​IMG] and a triangle appear when it starts with the X.

5. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

When you get to the screen with the triangle hit the search button on the keyboard then do a factory reset.

6. stephejo

stephejo Well-Known Member

I have a rooted D2Global (thanks top z4Root).

I bought the $2 donate version of Droid X Bootstrap (thanks Koush) and it obtains root.

1) When I press "Reboot Recovery" it attempts to reboot, I get the Motorola logo and then the screen goes black. I have to pull the battery and then it boots into stock UI, not recovery. What am I doing wrong?

2) Also, I am REALLY interested in overclocking the D2G, not so much custom ROMs. Can you point me in the right direction on OC'ing the D2 to improve my performance?

Thanks OMJ.

7. k.c.cole

k.c.cole Well-Known Member

I am having trouble getting into the recovery. I have tried restarting to recovery form clockwork, the just reboots. I tried the power+downvol, loads normally. Tried power+upvol, the phone got stuck on "M".

What do I need to do to get to the recovery?

++++
    I figured it out. $3 for the bootstrap later1

8. luckyaspen

luckyaspen New Member

Having trouble with bootstrapped used z4 to root. Then weeks later had camera failure. I wanted to go back and restore to a previous point. I don't know what I did but it went to a clockwork recovery screen with options only I couldn't select anything. The touch screen was totally unresponsive. So I uninstalled bootstrap and reinstalled and got the same issue. Uninstalled z4root and bootstrap. Now it started going directly to that same unresponsive Clockwork screen any time I turned on my phone. Removing battery at that point allows me to turn on my phone normally. It was a pain and I couldn't find any answers on any forums. Last week I did a factory reset hoping it would fix it. It didn't. Someone please tell me what to do next.... should I have installed an additional program? What did I do wrong?

9. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Recovery will not respond to touchscreen. Using the volume up/down on the side of the phone will move you down and up. Pressing the camera button on the side of the phone will select that choice, and the Del key on the keyboard will bring you back a menu.

10. luckyaspen

luckyaspen New Member

Awesome it works. Will that screen always popup when I turn on the phone? Can I change it? Since I uninstalled bootstrapped should it still do that? Is there a manual for this app?