Droid 2 Desktop Charger and.....Droid 2 Desktop ChargerAccessories

Last Updated:

1. brilor04

brilor04 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yo peeps,

I was REALLY hoping that Seidio would come out with an Innocase/Holster/All fits in a Desktop Charger for the Droid 2 however, upon talking to Seidio today via Live Chat, they informed me that they have no interest in developing this. Sooooooooo, I need to think of something else. My question, why is VZW.com selling 2 Multimedia Charging Cradles and both are for $29.99? One claims something about "and DROID 2 for hard covers and Extended batteries"...what does this mean? Can ANY hard case fit in this and work? The real deal is I don't want to have to keep taking the phone out of a case every night because the cheap plastic clips that hold the case together wear out quickly then the case doesn't fit then I'm pissed off. ANYONE out there have one of these yet or knows the difference?

-brilor04

Advertisement
  2. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

When you put the extended battery on the droid 2, it makes it a little thicker so it wont fit in the normal desktop cradle :( But the bigger battery is well worth it just the same. Far as I know droid 1 cases should fit droid 2 but not with the extended battery.

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Are you sure it won't fit the normal cradle? Thought I saw someone else post that it still fits. Did you try it?

4. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

I have the normal dock for droid 1. My droid 2 fit until I got the extended battery. I can force ut in but im afraid it'll end up damaging the charging port on the phone.

5. brilor04

brilor04 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is not really answering my question. If I get any case, what's the main difference between both desktop chargers? Will a case fit in one?

6. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Time for some dremel work... :)

7. bishang

bishang Member

The multimedia dock that says it fits with hard cases on does work. I bought it and my droid 2 fit in it with a case I had bought off of amazon. What it does is it has this slip in thing if your droid 2 doesn't have a case, and then you take it out if it does have the case.

8. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member

Do these cradles charge without using the port?

9. WoodiE55

WoodiE55 Guest

No, it uses the USB port to charge your phone so long as the cradle is plugged into your computer or power outlet.