Droid 2 extended battery works on the Droid 1

Last Updated:

1. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Set Your Location

It comes with a new blue battery door. Seeing about 5 more hours of usage from this.

PS: Use the coupon code FREEOVERNT for...free overnight shipping

Edit: Select Droid 2 as your phone, otherwise VZW will not let you order it.
    Edit 2: Pics here.
    Edit 3: Yes, Seidio Innocase (and possibly others) will fit with the door not installed.
    Edit 4: After a few days of use, almost 15hrs without recharging. HEAVY phone and bg sync.

Attached Files:

2. DasMuse

DasMuse Well-Known Member

that sucks, it appears the whole verizon site is down... if this is true i'm gonna go for it
  3. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

4. tlpalmer01

tlpalmer01 Active Member

i have one and it works really well, i think the battery door actually fits my droid better, and im definetly seeing more hours of usage.....at the verizon store it was 52.99 (thats including tax) out the door...........
  5. nodoubt

nodoubt Member

why does it have to have a diff door ??
  6. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Because the ext battery is bigger and the stock one doesn't fit.
  7. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Hah, I guess their site is wrong then. When I click "buy now", it asks me what phone I'm using and when I click the "Droid" it says "This accessory is not compatible with your phone". I'm sure it is though.

I already got a couple of these for 1/5 of the price (after shipping) of that though because my original starting dying. They last me all day with moderate usage and still have at least 70% when I get home from work (8-5).
  8. GideonX

GideonX Guest

You need to select Droid 2 as your phone since this is made (at least the battery door is) for the D2.
  9. DasMuse

DasMuse Well-Known Member

but the battery door works for the droid 1 though right?
  10. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

11. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Yup, fits on the D1.

Pics coming later, don't have a camera on me.
  12. Krislawl

Krislawl Active Member

Is there still the 5% battery levels and low notifications for battery life even though there are a few hours left in the battery like the seidio one?
  13. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Never used the Seidio so I have no idea about that. So far the D1 is reading the batt level correctly on this BP7X.
  14. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

thanks for the info, looking forward to seeing the pics
  15. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Forgot to mention, this qualifies for most corporate discounts as well :)
  16. nightrain

nightrain Member

I got an extended battery when I had a Blackberry because the regular stock battery was so terrible. But what I hated was the fact that when you get the extended battery with the bigger door you won't be able to use accessories like the belt clip holster/case anymore because it won't fit.
  17. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that you can use the holster if you turn the phone battery out, am I correct?
  18. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Why would you use the holster with the screen out?
  19. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Finally got my cam back, so here are some very quick and dirty pics. Got a bit lazy, so it's all thumbnailed here instead:

Motorola 1820mAh BP7X extended battery for the Droid

As you can see, the Innocase will fit as long as you leave the new ext batt cover off.
    SLeppert likes this.
  20. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if this will prevent use of the home and car docks? I would LOVE to have the extended battery as signal in my office is almost nothing, I currently leave the phone docked on my desk charging when I'm sitting there so I have power when I need it...
  21. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Someone with a dock will need to answer that for you, I don't use one.
  22. OutlawFirebird

OutlawFirebird Well-Known Member

will a case still fit on the droid?
  23. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Seidio Innocase will with the battery door off, no idea on other cases.
  24. djembeman

djembeman Well-Known Member

25. djembeman

djembeman Well-Known Member

I actually haven't seen any huge increase in battery life. I think my stock battery started working better lately though. 11-12 hours with moderate use. I haven't gotten any better than that with the extended battery, but I've been using it more heavily.

About the multimedia dock: It will go on there, but I really don't like the way that it fits. It kinda makes me think that it's not getting the power connector fully inserted or it's at some goofy angle.

Supposedly the Droid 2 car dock will fit this perfectly, but I shaved some plastic from my Droid 1 car dock and it works great.