Droid 2 Hardware

Last Updated:

1. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 15, 2010
    I'm needing to replace my (god awful) Galaxy S and I currently have an HTC Desire HD on order. It is however going to take quite a long time to show up (maybe 4-5 weeks :( ).

So, I'm tempted to try something else. I looked at the HTC Desire Z yesterday (i.e. the G2 hardware with Sense on it) and found it a little chunky for a reasonable small screen. Just not quite worth the extra heft for the hardware keyboard.

My wife has a Motorola Flipout and it's a lovely little device, albeit not very suitable for me, so that leaves me considering a Milestone 2, which will be out in the UK in about a week's time. I believe that the hardware is identical to the Droid 2 (bar the radios) however the software is a little bit more 'blurry'.

Anyway, given the Milestone 2 isn't out yet I wanted opinions from the folks who have Droid 2s. Have read a few reviews, it generally seems quite slim for a landscape slider and does look appealing. I'm sure this is rehashing ground but what's good and what's bad in people's opinion?

2. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Droid2 is only limited by the limitations of the OS (which is not a lot). The one thing that seems to be a constant downfall for the Android OS, is their inability to create a good Facebook app. I am a heavy Facebook user, and can't stand the way that links take you to the full site, and other shortcuts work within the app itself.

I came over from a DROID and love the DROID2. It is fast as heck, no lag with anything. Wifi connects quickly, and works great. Seems like it can pickup a signal better than the original DROID. The voice quality is good, and the updates to the car dock/Google maps are fantastic. The phone is very sturdy/solid, compact, and has some weight to it (which I like). The display is nice, and the glass on it is virtually scratch proof. I carry it in my pocket sometimes with loose change in there, and not a nick or scratch.

The battery is something else that I have been very satisfied with. I take my phone off the dock at 8am, and use it quite a bit through out the day. When I put it back on my car dock at 5:30, I am never below 50% and it is usually at around 70%.

Love this phone.