Droid 2 lock screen randomly won't respondSupport

Last Updated:

1. hatchetman337

hatchetman337 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys and gals,

I love my Droid 2 so far, but I'm having a random issue with it. Sometimes when I turn the screen on and try to unlock it, the screen won't respond. The screen turns on, but nothing will happen when I touch it, no haptic feedback or anything. I can even hold the power button until the shutdown popup shows and it still won't respond. So the only way to fix it is to pull the battery, and then it works fine for a while.

It usually only does it once or twice a week, but it's still annoying and has actually happened twice today. Could it be a goofy app that I downloaded or what? My phone came from VZW as a refurb, so I suppose it could be something to do with that, but maybe not. It didn't do it for the first week or so of owning it. I'm sure I could get VZW to send me another refurb, but it's a pain setting everything up all over again.

Any thoughts?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. jjgjr75

jjgjr75 Member

I am having the same issue. Has been happening on and off for a month or so. Some point to Angry Birds but I have only had it installed for two weeks. Not sure what else. I have to battery pull as well. Could be one of my apps but not sure where to start. Not sure if it has to do with yours being a refurb because mine was brand new when I got it in Sept.

3. rbbtswfl

rbbtswfl New Member

Verizon replaced my first droid 2 because of various problems, this issue being one. 2 days with the certified like_new, and it's already happened 2 x. I didn't put angry birds back on the replacement. 1 time opening the back cover was enough to get the screen on. The other time, I never held the button down for too long, it sort of reset itself, everything was fresh when it came back on, but wasn't like a normal reboot when you see the white motorola logo and the red droid logo.

4. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

I actually have been having a similar issue for a while. If my screen goes asleep and I press the power button it turns on but at like 1% brightness and becomes unresponsive. It usually takes a minute for the phone to go back screen and then it'll come back on normally on the lock screen.

I know it sounds weird, but Angry Birds being installed of my phone was when the weird behavior started, so I think I'm done with that app.

5. rbbtswfl

rbbtswfl New Member

I've uninstalled anti virus free avg, and the screen locking problem hasn't re-occurred.

Here's from VZ:
    Currently, we have not received much feedback regarding this issue. However, after further review, if you have a free Antivirus application called droidSecurity, Inc, this has been known to cause conflicts with the device. If this application is installed, the application needs to be removed via Google Market by doing the following:

1. Access Google Market
    2. Press Menu > Downloads
    3. Select Antivirus Free
    4. Select Uninstall
    5. Power cycle the device

Once you remove this application, you should show improved performance with your device.