Droid 2 motorola verizon and tetheringSupport

Last Updated:

1. Viet_Vet

Viet_Vet Member This Topic's Starter

First of all, I want to say hello to everyone and thank them in advance for any help that is offered. I am new to the forums here.

Now my issues -
    I just got my new Motorola Droid 2 with the Froyo 2.2 OS from Verizon. I had the Samsung Omnia before this. Where I live, there is no cable or DSL available, so the only way I connected to the internet was by tethering my Omnia. I paid $30 for the phone data plan, and $29 for tethering (5gb). I was due for an upgrade, and I was told by Verizon that I could tether the Droid 2.

So here I am, after spending hours on the phone with tech support, and being told that you cannot tether a Droid 2. I am also told that in addition to my data plan for the phone, that I am being charged $20 for my "Mobile Hotspot", which has a limit of 2 Gig data. I mean WTF???? Great deal - save 30% and get 60% less?!?!?!

At any rate, the bottom line is this: I need to KNOW FOR CERTAIN if there is a way to tether a Moto Droid 2 with the new Froyo 2.2 OS. I understand that tethering allows you to use the internal phone data plan which is unlimited. THis is what I need to do to connect my desktop to the internet. HELP ME!!! I need "Instruction for DUmmies" to do this please :)

cliffs:
    -got a new Droid 2 2.2 Froyo
    -can't tether my desktop PC
    -need to tether my Droid 2 to my PC to access the internet
    -need to know for certain that this is possible, and instructions on how to do it

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, Vet.

I've moved your great first post out of the News area and into the Droid 2 Support forum for you. You may also want to post a query in the Verizon sub-forum:

http://androidforums.com/verizon/

Best of luck to you. You'll get it resolved here with a bit of patience. ;)

3. Viet_Vet

Viet_Vet Member This Topic's Starter

OOps, sorry for posting in the wrong place :(

Hopefully someone will see this and help me out.

Thank you!