Droid 2 or Samsung Facsinate for emulated games?

Last Updated:

1. Ataraxis

Ataraxis New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

Ive had my droid 2 for a month now, new verizon customer, and i love it to death. I have a friend who recently bought a galaxy s facsinate, and the screen is amazing. I know it has a faster GPU, bigger screen, but no keyboard. I play a lot of emulated games so im wondering if any of you who have a galaxy phone, has it been a challenge to play these types of games, and would i benefit off of swapping for the Facsinate in the long run due to the faster GPU and nicer screen? Thanks,

Ataraxis

Advertisement
  2. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

I haven't got around to playing many games yet, but I know for a fact I would love to have a keyboard when using the emulators. I usually just try not to even play faster paced games like Mario. RPGs are really no problem as you don't need to dart across the screen or anything.

I would say if emulating is the biggest thing you do, you may want to wait for whatever the new HTC is with the sliding keyboard.

3. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea if playing emulators, u will be handicapped with no keyboard. I thought I could pay Tecmo Bowl on the X with just the touch screen ....playing defense is an exercise in frustration...Yea there is the WiiMote app, but that doesnt help when out n about.

I dont like the keyboard setup on the 2 for emulators..but it should be better than no keyboard.

4. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

I use Emulators on my Fascinate. You have the option of on-screen controls and it's fine. Takes a little getting used to, but you catch on quick. You can change the screen size too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member

i had the D2 also since launch date .. & gaming was okay @ most (without the gamegripper)

on the fascinate.. all i have to say is BIGGER & BETTER screen.
    i dont mind being without the keyboard.. if you get into something that much you wont even notice not having physical buttons.. (btw i went from the D2 to the fascinate & im now wondering why i ever got the D2 in the first place)

6. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Not sure if they have this for the D2 yet, but the gamegripper is great for d1 emulated games. The d1 version will probably work for the d2

7. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member

it doesnt.. i had a Droid 2 & talked to the developer (emailed him) .. he said they should have one by late october or early november. which was way too long for me to wait.. SAMSUNG FASCINATE BABYY i love it <3

8. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

D2 is far better for emulators due to the keyboard. Also, there are a TON of great Flash games that can not be played without a keyboard and play smooth with 2.2 and Flash.

As a total device though (IMO) the Fascinate is a better device. A keyboard version of the Fascinate (aka Epic) would be my pick for a device- but need VZW version.