• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid 2 or Samsung Vibrant?

durps

Nov 14, 2010
Hello all, new to the forum :D

Well my contract with Sprint ends soon and I'm switching carriers. I will either go with Verizon or T-mobile. I'm choosing these 2 because they both offer a good deal. Verizon has buy a Droid 2, get one free. T-mobile has buy a Samsung galaxy S, get one free. I'm somewhat new to smartphones. I have a G1 that I have been messing with for sometime and have rooted it to 2.2 and overclocked it and such but, I'm still learning about Androids and want to make sure I get an Android as my next phone.

Can someone please list the pros and cons of the Vibrant? I have done most of the necessary research for the Droid 2, but barely know anything about the Vibrant, can someone please help me out and pick the better one?
So far, I'm leaning more towards the droid because it was a keyboard (crappy but I've always been a keyboard guy),know common problems, and Verizon seems lke a more reliable carrier. What's making me lean more to the Galaxy S is the processor, better pricing plan(which will include unlimted everything), and the AMOLED screen.

Anyone want to clear thing up for me? lol

the vibrant is a part of the galaxy s series. they are related but galaxy s does not just mean vibrant only. the captivate for att is a galaxy s phone. the fascinate on verizon is a galaxy s phone.

if you're going to t-mobile, i'd go with mytouch 4g or the g2. i don't personally own a vibrant but i've heard there are many issues with it that may or may not be tolerable to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones