Droid 2 OTA Update and still no Exchange/Outlook Sync fixSupport

Last Updated:

1. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A few months ago, I started a thread regarding the problem that VZW and Motorola both identified as a problem with MS Exchange Server 2003 and 2007 not sync'ing right away.

http://androidforums.com/droid-2-su...369-corporate-outlook-exchange-sync-push.html

I called and spoke with a tech at Motorola and said with the next OTA for the Droid 2 (which just happened) it was supposed to fix it, however it didn't. Does anyone on the inside have any insight as to what's going on? I'm back to using Improved Email for instant push delivery of my Exchange messages. :(

I did get the OTA the other day, and the version number did change, but nothing of significance.

Really starting to get pissed with this phone with I mostly use it for my job and e-mail. I shouldn't have to rely on a third party application for delivery of my e-mail. G-Mail works fine, but Exchange works about 5% of the time without me having to go in a do a manual refresh...then 10-20 messages pop up.

-S

BTW - Fresh install and no longer rooted.

Advertisement
  2. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Have you taken the phone into the store for a tech to work on your settings? Even if its just to show that you've come to them to fix the issue. If the problem is strictly limited to your phone (I'm not allowed to link Corporate to my phone, damn them) then a replacement phone could be a possibility. Just make sure you're running stock 2.3.2 when you show up, don't want to be like WOO! ROOTED DEODEXED AND FISSIONATED since then they'll just probably send you home, haha.