• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid 2 - PDANet, Vehicle Mount, must-have apps

metroplex

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
I'm planning to buy a Droid 2 and wanted to know if I could get tethering via PDAnet? A co-worker was using her Droid 1 w/ PDANet without paying for the tether but the amount of data transferred wasn't too high. Is this still possible with Droid 2?

I also plan to use the Droid 2 a lot as a GPS navigation tool while driving. Which vehicle mount do you recommend? I don't really want to use the cigarette light as a mount (rental cars have different configurations) or the windshield (easily shows that I am using a nav tool, but it is still feasible) - probably looking at the vents or the dash. Any recommendations?

Finally, I heard that an anti-virus program is highly recommended. Any ideas on what to get?

What other apps must I absolutely get? I'm not big on downloading movies/TV shows or even music, I just want to use the Droid 2 as a small traveling PC for access to the web and possibly use it to provide internet access for my netbook.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones