Droid 2 Review for the Droid 1 User.

Last Updated:

1. Polymira

Polymira Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone,

I was one of the lucky individuals to receive a Droid 2 as a warranty replacement for my original Droid. So I thought that I'd use it as an opportunity to give back to the community a bit and do a review for Droid 1 owners who are currently on the fence, or would like a bit more info.

Also includes links for root, bootstrap, and fm radio hack.

Let me know if you like, or if you don't =)

Droid 2 Review for the Droid 1 power user

Advertisement
  2. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Good review, though I think the keyboard is better than you give it credit for. Huge improvement from the original Droid.

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

"While this hack leaves much to be desired, there are rumors abound that a more in depth solution is around the corner, and only time will tell."

I'm not sure I'd put it that way...the "hack" works quite nicely, and we are only limited by the number of ROMs available at this point...we have full recovery/nandroid/custom ROM capabilties aside from kernel, which is borderline irrelevant given we have a 1GHz cpu stock. :)

4. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

Yeah, not too good of a review in my oppinion.

5. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

You lost all credibility when you said the droid 2's keyboard isn't any better than the first. Really. Just seeing that in writing was a huge wtf moment.

Everything else, recycled observations echo'd already on this forum and a million other places. Some of it looked like it could've been copy and pasted from other sites. But I will say one thing, it looks like you put some work into it. Pretty disappointing to not see too much about the camera though. Sample vid+ pics

lukesdiesel likes this.