Droid 2 traveling in Caribbean.. need advice/helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. stakeouttoo

stakeouttoo New Member This Topic's Starter

will be going on a cruise to the Caribbean next week... just trying to find out what settings to leave my Droid 2 on while there... don't want to incur any unnecessay charges from Verizon... only have my Droid 2 about 2 weeks now

how do I stop my emails from my home ISP's server from auto-downloading ... also the same for Gmail and Yahoo email.. I would assume this would incur some charges using 3G .. or do I have that wrong..

it would be nice if I could use my Geocaching.com app but don't know if this is possible...

would putting it in Airplane mode solve this...

any help greatly appreciated..

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Airplane mode should turn off the CDMA/3G radio. You should still be able to turn on the WiFi and GPS without incurring and fees.

stakeouttoo likes this.
  3. stakeouttoo

stakeouttoo New Member This Topic's Starter

I really wasn't sure .. many thanx for the info... appreciate it..

Droid2 is my first smartphone.. had an LG Env Touch before this... not even in the same ballpark.. love the Droid 2

4. dag175

dag175 Member

Turn ***OFF*** Enable Data while roaming (Settings ---> Data Manager --> Data Delivery ---> Data Roaming). My dad got nailed for a $300 overage on data charges for that one little check mark while in the Dominican Republic.

5. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

I made a mistake once while in Dominican Republic and VZW took care of me when I explained it. Don't rely on it, but they can see when you are not making calls or intentionally doing data as well (to an extent).

My advice, don't let anyone outside of the resort/cruise ship see the phone or it will be stolen as sure as a bear will run to shit in the woods.