Droid 2 uninstalled Backup Assistant and got bootloop, reinstall?

Last Updated:

1. RUKKU5

RUKKU5 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I uninstalled Backup assistant and am now stuck in a boot loop. after the eye, it goes to the locked home screen, a voice said "verizon wireless" and then it reboots. is there anyway to recover?

Advertisement
  2. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Look in the Rooting thread, there are several links and posts on recovery tools.

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Worst case you might have to SBF back to stock.

Possibly you can use ADB to push the backup assistant apk to the phone...

Did you make a nandroid backup before you removed backup assistant? If you did, boot into recovery (power on while holding X key) and restore your nandroid from CW Recovery.

4. RUKKU5

thanks guys, I just flashed the SBF, I wouldn't have asked had I even known an SBF existed lol.

5. Redflea

You might want to try Titanium Backup - it allows you to "freeze" apps, which removes them from your app drawer and puts them in non-running limbo.

You can also just hide app icons in Launcher Pro so they don't appear in your app drawer. If an app isn't running (and I think Backup Assistant is "quiet" unless you're using it) that might be enough.

6. RUKKU5

I'm starting to think I should have used titanium backup because I don't know how to reinstall these apps..

7. Redflea

If you use TiBackup you won't have to uninstall/reinstall, just freeze 'em. :)

8. kskjbuzz

kskjbuzz New Member

What is SBF? I resenly rooted my phone and did not read tread completly and uninstalled Backup assistant. How do i get it back? Will a factory reset bring it back or will I Brick my phone? It is save to my sd card but it won't reinstall......stupid me.