• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DROID 3 Camera/SD Card Acting Strange

Hi guys, recently the default Camera app on my 2-year old DROID 3 has began to act strange. Well, it isn't so much the camera app specifically. The phone itself is having trouble recognizing the SD card it has in it. The phone knows the card is there, and all of its contents show up just fine. I can go into "Files" and browse through my SD card with no trouble, everything shows up. The problem is that the phone thinks that the card is completely out of storage space, and I know for a fact that the card has a good deal of space on it. However, I cannot download anything to the card.

The main problem is that I am having great difficulty with saving pictures to the card. When I go into the default Camera app, the counter shows that I have about 2,500 pictures left, which is correct because the card does have room for this many. However, after I take a few pictures, they will stop saving to the card. When this happens, the counter simply stops going down, I don't get any error message or anything. If I want to take any more pictures, I must shut the phone down and reboot it (which is very annoying as it takes 1 - 2 minutes to reboot). After this, I can only take about 10 more pictures before they stop saving again. I like to take a ton of pictures with this phone so this is a huge problem for me.

Strangely, I can record video just fine, no problems there. Also, for some reason the app is refusing to let me switch to Internal Storage to store my photos. So what do I do? Please give me some advice. Is the problem with the phone or the SD card? Is my phone starting to majorly malfunction, or do I just need to replace the SD card? Please let me know what you think. Thanks so much! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones