• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid 3 loses 3g Data randomly

jasperwill

Android Enthusiast
May 7, 2010
Oregon
I am writing this to hopefully help out other people in this same situation.
my sister was having an issue with her droid 3 for several weeks.
she would be in good service areas constantly and would occasionaly use the phone.
the 3g symbol would disapear from the notifications bar and the data connection of the phone would just stop working. it wouldnt turn back on even after several restarts. i used the #*#*46364*#*# settings to turn the radio off/on and data would come back but only for a few hours at a time.

3 days ago i think i finally figured out what the issue is. (this afer formatting the phone multiple times and putting several different roms onto it including the stock unrooted SBF)

I removed the sim card.

nothing else. and now even though the phone complains on the homescreen and the first time it boots in the notifications drop down, she has data all the time with no interruption.
i will be taking the sim card to verizon to get it replaced and hopefully that is the issue and not something with the actual phone. if it is with the phone maybe she will be getting an early upgrade to the droid 4, or something else 4G.

i hope this helps other people out. the only place i was able to find any similar problem was on a thunderbolt forum.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones