Droid 3 touchscreen wont workSupport

1. DJMAZ

DJMAZ New Member

I have the same problem with my droid 3, the problem started about a week ago and got progressively worse. It is at the point where i cant get past the lock screen because the touchscreen wont work. The screen often displays noise static and glitches visualy, but then an hour later it is fine.
    I have factory reset it and rebooted it via key commands and it still does the same thing.
    Has anyone found a cure to this problem?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Moved here from Motorola DROID forums for better exposure from Droid 3 users
  3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

That sounds like bad hardware to me.
  4. WebKat

WebKat Well-Known Member

Sometimes my touchscreen becomes unresponsive. Like I'll click on an icon on the home screen over and over and over before it finally "takes" and opens that app/calls that person/whatever. It helps a little if I turn the screen off and on again (not turning the whole phone off).
  5. WebKat

WebKat Well-Known Member

This happens to me exactly like you describe it! I'll be trying to click on one of my direct dial links to call someone, and I will click it and click it and click it over and over and maybe the 10th time it will actually "take" and call them. It's so frustrating!

Do you think it's a hardware issue? How long is the warranty? I got the phone this past summer...