Droid 4 headset plugin?Support

1. RHaggard

RHaggard Member

I just got my first Droid (Droid 4) and I'm trying to figure out how to plug a headset in. It looks like I should just be able to plug a 3.5 mm headset into the top but the plug only goes about half way in and then stops. I am, of course, somewhat reluctant to apply significant force. What sort of wired headset can you use with a Droid? I was hoping to be able to use my stereo headset/microphone combination that worked so nicely with my previous Motorola Razr Maxx.

Advertisement
    :
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

moved here from the original Motorola Droid forums for better exposure to D4 users
  3. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

It is in fact a 3.5mm jack. Apply (slowly) a bit of force. First time is always tightest (giggity), but it will work. If it fit your original droid, then it will fit your D4
  4. RHaggard

RHaggard Member

As per suggestion, wiggled it about a bit. It still sticks out a little but I appear to have stereo sound and mike works so, problem if not solved at least can be ignored for the forseeable future. Thanks!
  5. Megatron117

Megatron117 New Member

I know this thread is old but I felt I needed to put my two cents in. Unfortunately, the curvature of the back of the phone causes the plug to stick out ever so slightly to enable the base of the plug to stay level while ensuring the plug makes good contact. This means that (probably to the chagrin of many users) the plug will never be able to go in all the way. I had the same issue and was also scared to apply too much force. A friend of mine put too much force on it without considering that it could just be the design of the phone and broke the tip off in the jack :( It took us an hour to safely remove it. Also, don't forget to mess with your sound settings! ( Menu button > settings > sound). I'm not sure if other recent android phones have been including audio tweaks such as equalizers and presets for music, because my last phone was a G1 Droid, but I was excited to discover this feature after a few days of listening to music and thinking my phone's audio was just always going to sound 'off' to me.