1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Droid 4 with ICS - :(General

Last Updated:

1. chadahoochie94

chadahoochie94 New Member

Since my Verizon Motorola Droid 4 was updated to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android Version 4.0.4) I have had numerous problems which no one at Verizon or Motorola has been able to solve. Details are below. Previous to this I had a Motorola Droid X which I also loved. I usually advocated for people to get a Motorola Droid over anything else. I have had a Droid for over 3 years now, but the latest release has not made me very happy.
    1. Battery Life has drastically decreased. I barely get 8 hours of use out of it. I have even did a factory reset of my phone, which helped some but not enough. Some of the other issues I have I think lead to the battery draining quicker. It just stinks that I can

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

For #2 try LTE OnOFF. It brings up all the radio data and about midway down you can select CDMA auto (PRL), select that for 3G only. To go back to 3G/4G you can either go back into this and select CDMA/LTE/EvDo or change it in settings. It works. Sort of silly to have to do it that way but it gets the job done. (thanks again ICON32181)
  3. silverfang77

silverfang77 Well-Known Member

For 1, if you're rooted and not hung up on watching Google Play Movies on your phone, you can install Titanium Backup Pro and freeze DRM Protected Storage. That was a huge battery drain on my phone after the update.
    cableguynoe likes this.