Droid/Alvin & Chipmunks Duet

Last Updated:

1. baher

baher Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so this morning my alarm went off. I use the stock alarm program, but the alarm file is a loop I made in RingDroid from an mp3. Halfway through the alarm file it suddenly doubles in speed, pitch shift and all. I didn't think much of it because I was barely awake and mostly incapable of thought.

Fast forward to my morning commute. I'm listening to a podcast on DoggCatcher. It starts switching back and forth between regular speed and faster speed, making it half unintelligible. Its like 2-3 seconds of regular speed, 2-3 seconds of fast speed, only not that regular. Weird.

So I turn doggcatcher off and try the stock music player. Sounds like a duet between grizzly bear and alvin & the chipmunks. Great. So audio is playing wrong on 3 different audio playing programs, from 3 different mp3 sources. I rebooted the phone (off button style), and it seems to be working fine now. But still, what?? How? Will it happen again? Anybody?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

No offense but, LOL ... I can only imagine how that alarm clock sounded.

To me, the good news is that the issue was showing up across the board, and not with just one app. Also, rebooting fixed it. I wouldn't be concerned at all until it happens again. Sometimes 1's and 0's get mixed up, just shrug your shoulders and move on. A glitch in the Matrix, if you will. ;)

3. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

do a battery pull while the droid is on, for some reason that fixes a lot of issues

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good way to corrupt data to me. :confused: