Droid and Motoblur

Last Updated:

1. fusion0589

fusion0589 Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know of some applications that have similar feature to the moto cliqs motoblur?

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

What features are you looking for in particular?

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I'm not terribly familiar with MotoBlur, but isn't it just a collection of widgets? There are probably some widgets you could use in their place if you list the ones you're looking for.

4. fusion0589

fusion0589 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm really looking for the happenings functionality with contacts, such as being able to see what your contacts are doing on multiple social networks. Anyone know of anything?

5. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member

Now that this is confirmed on the moto devour, any chance of motoblur getting made available to the droid for the people that want to experiment with something different?

6. BAoxymoron

BAoxymoron New Member

well obviously the all in one social networking is nice but personally my favorite is the contact feature where it says a contacts most recent tweet and status so you know if you want to answer it as well as showing their most recent profile pic. Frankly though i enjoy most of the features, at least in concept, and would like to try it out whether its a rom or copy of motorola's code in which case you could improve the app more than likely such as making options for who and what goes in what widget etc. here is a website that shows most of the features MOTOBLUR - Motorola USA

7. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i found a live wall paper that was supposed to do social stuff, didn't work :(

8. get quad

get quad Banned

wow.

I'll keep a droid in my pocket as long as Motorola keeps *all* of its crap software off of it. The #1 reason I bought the phone was because the OS wasn't loaded with anything from Moto or Verizon.

9. thood1699

thood1699 New Member

I really love the happenings widget. I cannot for the life of me find it. I would love to have a way to type my status and post it to either facebook, twitter or both at the same time. Ping.fm helped, and there is an app for the droid, but it is not as cool. I love to click on happenings and scroll from right to left through the recent status updates, then when you have looked, it clears them out. Ah well. I do have Android 2.1 now...it is nice...

10. MisterEff

MisterEff Well-Known Member

I think the option to get motoblur would be nice. I would be pissed if they forced us to use it, but just like have it available to DL.

11. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

I have heard that the Devour is able to support voice dialing because of something offered in Motoblur. I would like that feature.

12. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member

After the 2.1 upgrade all Moto Droids have voice dialing. And Voice Text and Voice data entry.

13. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

I also would love to have the happenings widget. It truly is great IMHO

14. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I meant over bluetooth. I will try that tonight since I just got the update.