Droid and WiFi?!?!?!?!

Last Updated:

1. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I've checked out the other threads, but haven't found this problem. I've had my Droid for a few days now, and I'm loving it, but it seems to really be having problems with my wifi at home. Whenever I use it on my wireless here at home, it basically seems to make the wifi stop working on both the droid and my laptop. Everything works fine for awhile, usually until the droid goes to sleep, and then I can't get to the internet on my laptop, or the droid. The signal is still fine, but it doesn't go anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions?!?!? Please help!:confused::mad:

Advertisement
  2. Paul1201

Paul1201 Well-Known Member

IP conflict? Turn your laptop off and see if you can connect with your Droid. If so it is your router settings.

3. jamo

I did a static ip and all that, which seems to have it working for now...but I don't know for how long.

4. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Well if a static IP address is working then it should continue on working.

5. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

hence static

When you are unable to access the internet, are you still able to login to your router? From the droid or otherwise? It's odd that it only occurs when the droid sleeps.

6. OZFive

OZFive Well-Known Member

7. jamo

Thanks for the replys, I found that Motorola thread and went about setting a static ip, although I was really just following directions without much of an idea of what I was doing, and it seems to have done the trick for now. I just didn't know if anyone else has had similar problems and knew why it was happening. Thanks guys!

8. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Can be too many devices on the router at one time. Also I'd check and see if the firmware on your router is updated to latest