Droid App Store on the Web?

Last Updated: 2011-01-24 23:53:00
  1. TivoTron

TivoTron Active Member

As a former iPhone user (ugh), I used to frequent sites like appshopper.com to browse new releases of free apps. I found it much easier than doing it on the phone itself (plus, it was a good time-killer during conference calls, etc.)

Are there similar online "app stores" for Droid apps out there? A Google search was unsuccessful.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. tmc

tmc Member

Androlib.com. There may be more, but that's the only one I know of.
  3. JerryB

JerryB Active Member

This is a great resource. Thanks!
  4. TivoTron

TivoTron Active Member

Not bad --- thanks for pointing this out tmc. Would be awesome if they had a little bit better sortability, like appshopper.com does...maybe I'll email them.
  5. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

That site SUCKS!!!! expect it to bog down, freeze up all together and make sure your AV is up to date and running!
  6. TivoTron

TivoTron Active Member

Really? You've got viruses from that site? Which A-V do you recommend?
  7. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Been browsing that site since Nov '09. Never had an issue.
  8. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

I've had attempts. I run Trend Micro.
    I know I'm not the only one who has seen these issues, give em time to find the thread and I'm sure they'll chime in.

More power to anyone that uses the site without issues, I love it and really wish that it would operate correctly but it just doesn't like me :mad:
  9. TivoTron

TivoTron Active Member

I think I've looked at all of androlib now! Any other suggestions for online Droid app/widget libraries?
  10. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

You looked at all 20K apps? Yikes. Um, these forums tend to be a really good resource for learning about good apps.

The applications (;)) forum especially.
  11. TivoTron

TivoTron Active Member

Slight exaggeration. Slight.

Thanks.
  12. Mathijs

Mathijs New Member

NiceGuysFinishLast likes this.
  13. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

+1 for Appbrain.com
  14. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Well-Known Member

Another big plus one for appbrain, it's what I came here to say. I've been using it since day one. It's nice that when you SBF your phone, you can just redownload appbrain, log in, and it resyncs all your apps.
  15. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Wow old thread, but yeah AppBrain really came along and cleaned androlib's clock. Androlib just didnt care about making a nice clean site and let it stagnate, IMO.