Droid as main media player...want only one device.

Last Updated:

1. canhead64

canhead64 Guest This Topic's Starter

so i have been a hardcore zune fan ever since they came out. i love my zune hd but i get tired of having to carry around two devices all the time(my phone and my zune). my 16 gb zune can't hold all my music and my old 2 gen 32 gb couldn't either.

i have heard about these 32 gb micro sd cards and thought that i could just buy one of those and then use my droid as my main media player(32gb still isn't enough but it beats paying 300 for a 32 gb hd).

i have lots of downtime in between classes at college and i would prolly need an extra battery, which i already bought. i also could sell my zune and my zune alarm clock dock and get the droid media dock. so i wouldn't lose any money on this deal.

basically what i want to know is would it be worthwhile to do this??? i am having a hard time deciding. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Advertisement
  2. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

A Droid will play all your songs, playlists, podcasts, music videos, movies, tv shows, and whatever else you throw at it, but you won't get all the bells and whistles that a dedicated music player has. Not a bad tradeoff IMO.

3. canhead64

canhead64 Guest This Topic's Starter

the only thing i can think that my driod can't do is smart dj but thats alright cause pandora's better anyway. other than that, zune hd just looks fancier. but nothing major that i can think of. am i right???

4. sudermatt

sudermatt New Member

This is not entirely true....I have LOTS of wma songs that android can't play.

I had the same questions...and if you have more than 32 gigs of music, you will still have to decide on what music to put on the device...even with the biggest cards....

One other solution is to use Orb on your computer at home and an Orb app on your android device to play it....