Droid Battery from 60% to 5% in secondsSupport

Last Updated:

1. JYo

JYo Active Member This Topic's Starter

This may already be here, I did search... My Droid has done this twice in the last 2 weeks. I get the red light, my battery says 5% (when seconds before this it was at about 60%), and says I need to charge. I turn off the phone, wait a few seconds and restart it, and boom, back to 60% again. I don't have any new apps running. Today it happened when there was an incoming call, I ingored the call, turned the phone off, and the charge was back.
    Thanks for any help or ideas

Advertisement
  2. lilleyen

lilleyen Member

Take out the battery and give the contacts a good cleaning.
    Clean the contacts in the phone too if you can.

Might help, if it's just a bad battery connection or oxidation on the brass contacts.
    Worth a try.
    If that doesn't work, take it back to the dealer, they might even be familiar with the problem.

3. carrot

carrot Well-Known Member

It happened to me twice, happened to a few other people. Seems like normal Motorola Droid behavior. don't know if there an actual report to Motorola.

4. Darkwarrior006

Darkwarrior006 Well-Known Member

i had this happen to me once, but it went back to 100%. It was very strange.

5. JYo

JYo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone. I'll just keep track of it. Very frustrating though

6. thatnerdyguy

thatnerdyguy New Member

I wonder if this is really a date time issue like the camera auto focus was. Twice now my battery suddenly went to 5% and a few hours later my wifes droid did the same thing. We bought them on the same day at the same store. That is too much of a coindicidence in my book.