droid battery in this video

Last Updated:

1. R2-D2

R2-D2 Member This Topic's Starter

kk so i did a test, im sure you have all seen this video
    YouTube - Motorola Droid: Battery Life Test
    so i tried the same thing. set the brightness to max, turned off wifi and bluetooth, and set the screen to never timeout, and put a song on repeat. I started at 100%, and after one hour my battery was at 80%, which is twice as fast. Which leads me to the question, is an app draining my battery, or is my battery simply defective? The guy from the video shows his battery use screen, and after 4 hours "dialer" had used up 2%, while on mine "dialer" used 13% in just one hour. The description for "dialer" says "battery used by applications when running".... so i think the obvious answer to my question is that an app is doing this...right?
    im a huge newb btw... :p

also i checked my running services and these apps were there that i wasn't expecting: vizbattery, time service (retroclock), media playback service (music), astrid app widget provider$ update service (astrid)

Advertisement
  2. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

Basically, YMMV.

The screen will take a lot of juice. Having low network (cellular/1x/3G) signal will eat your battery faster. Lots of background apps will eat your battery faster.

Basically there are too many variables for anyone to say whether or not your battery is 'defective'. You could try to get another OEM battery and see how it lasts, as that would be the only viable way to compare your battery life to a control sample.

And you say you're a noob? How long have you had your phone? I ask because battery life during the first few days on a new phone will be pretty poor, but it 'breaks in' after a few days. If your phone is new, after a week, you should notice better battery performance.

R2-D2 likes this.
  3. R2-D2

R2-D2 Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for the reply! :D

Hmm yes ive heard about the 3G signal strength being a factor, this might be what is happening because i generally have bad reception in my neighborhood.

I think that's what ill do, just get a new one and see what happens. Hopefully its not too pricey...

I have also heard this, im pretty sure i have had it for just over a week. i also killed the battery once on purpose, and it died another time because i wanted to see if the battery would last overnight (i think it was 40% when i went to sleep). I killed it because i read its a good way to 'condition' the battery.

But thank you again for your reply :) much appreciated!