Droid battery only reads in 10% increments?

Last Updated:

1. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member

I'm coming from an Eris and one of the things I loved was the HTC battery widget which showed the battery life in 1% increments with a pretty little icon. I've come to find out that the Moto Droid only reports battery life in 10% increments. Have they developed any apps that are able to accurately show 1% increments on the Moto? If not, which is the best battery widget for the Droid?

2. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

battery left
  3. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Battery Left isn't accurate though; it learns from the time that it takes for your phone to go from one value to the 10% increment below it and just gives you general guesstimations. Plus, it can be horribly-disgustingly-wildly inaccurate at times.
  4. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member

gotcha. i was thinking of trying it out but it sounds like it's not that useful. do you have a recommendation? or are all the free ones pretty much the same? i was thinking of rooting to bugless beast. does that come with one? just got a brand new droid from customer service because of months of problems with my several Eris phones. so i'm starting from scratch. thanks.
  5. shadowdude777

I really don't think there's any way to get more than 10% accuracy with the battery and get an actual reading instead of the guesstimations that Battery Left does. It seems like it might just be a limitation with the hardware sensor itself on the Droid. Sorry. :(
  6. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Droid IS set at 10% increments for sure. unless some app does some calculations, it cannot be changed
  7. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Yeah anything more accurate than 10% is extrapolating from previous battery drain times. I think the Droid just reports battery charge in 10% increments to Android and that's as good as it gets.
  8. shadowdude777

It's technically interpolation. Hehehe. ;)
  9. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

then whats your recomendation ..
  10. shadowdude777

I have none. There is no way to accurately read the battery life between the 10% increments. As much as I like added precision, I don't agree with taking away accuracy.
  11. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

IF there were an app that would learn the battery VOLTAGE in system increments from 100% down to 5% and then interpret the values into battery %.. then it could be done.

Battery left does this..sortof(it's called estimated percent). It can be set to show particular values in different areas of it's readout, so in theory it could be used for this purpose.