• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Droid Battery

rich6661

Oct 25, 2010
SoCal
I recently received a battery from my kid, it came from an old droid. I put it into the phone to charge it because it had been out of any phone for quite some time. I was using a car charger. When I plugged it into the car charger the status light went from a red constant to flashing red.
Anyone know why?

Did you check for water damage?

I had bought 2 spare batteries so I could swap out easily - one cahrged with me one in the DROID and a third on the charger.

Alas, I left one of them in the jeans and it got washed. I let it thoroughly dry out and then put it on the battery charger - and I got something similar - it would flash the red charge light on the charger frequently, and not wanting to harm the charger, I disposed of the battery a t a local recycling center.

At any rate, yeah, the battery is toast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones