Droid better than Eris

Last Updated:

1. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an Eris and might be switching to the Droid. Why is the Droid better than my Eris With 2.1 leaked installed? Can the Droid be flashed to a leaked 2.1? PLEASE HELP MIGHT TRADE OUT THIS WEEKEND!!!

Advertisement
  2. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

The Droid has more ram, rom, does not lag near as much. The turn by yurn navigation is nice but has its drawbacks. Other than that, its personal preference. I liked my Eris, I even preferred it as a "phone." You are here, chances are you roam these forums like the rest of us do and undoubtedly there will be all the bass saying "get the Droid," or "stay with the Eris." Do what you want, I switched and am happy with my choice.

3. finnaginagain

finnaginagain Well-Known Member

i have the droid and my GF has the eris. i like eris's form factor and the way it feels but the droid is hands down the best smartphone i have ever had. i dont like sense its ok but it just annoys me. like soul said its all about preference but the droid does have more ram, rom and does not lag. im running cyanogen 5.05 its pretty amazing so do what you want either way you cant lose!

4. swaze

swaze Well-Known Member

Forget both of them, and wait till the HTC EVO is out.

5. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Completely agree. I only upgrade when there is a large leap in technology which the EVO is, but there is no sign it will come to Verizon anytime soon.

6. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

Yes, there are leaked versions of the 2.1 update for the Droid and it was leaked some time ago. Many of us have ROMs based on the leaked 2.1 update but your Droid must be rooted to do so.

7. MR_2FNGRZ

MR_2FNGRZ Well-Known Member

Coming from a guy who has had the Eris and now the Droid, I can honestly say it really IS about preference. The only reason i got rid of my Eris is because everone I got was a bad one. (Went through warranty exchange). In my opinion, and I agree with soulfetcher, the Eris IS much better as a PHONE. It's a phone that was built with LOADS of eye candy. Thats part of the reason why it isnt as powerful as the Droid. The Droid was built to show off the power of the Android OS, with the phone functionality thrown in later. why do you think the caller i.d. screen looks so crappy compares to the eris? Bottom line it really is about preference. If i had my choice i would have the Eris for a stabke phone and the Droid for a powerhouse ppc. just my two cents.

8. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Any device selection is a matter of preference (like many things in life). Better is whatever suits you better.

9. androidlurker

androidlurker New Member

I had the Eris for two weeks and really liked the device. I spent a lot of time researching the differences between it and the Droid, and ultimately decided to exchange it with the Droid during my 30-day window for exchange. I played with the Eris extensively, and have played with the Droid a lot now - definitely go for the Droid.

10. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

If he's okay with Sprint and not having a hardware keyboard (that second part would just kill it for me), then he should definitely. Otherwise, the Droid is good for now and Verizon will probably start introducing 4G in two years; though knowing Verizon, we'll probably get a 4G WinMo or Blackberry phone way before they even consider an Android.

11. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

-Slick- You say there is a leaked 2.1 for the droid but I have to be rooted to install the leaked version? I didnt have to root my Eris to install the leaked. I'm not to great with rooting and I really dont want to brick my phone, so how hard is it to root the droid? If I do install the 2.1 can I do live wallpapers?