• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Bionic alarm/speaker dock

I don't think I've seen a dock with its own speakers and everything like what you describe with the Apple products. You could just get a cheap pair of speakers. I used to have a pair of small gray Sony PC speakers. They were so low-powered that they didn't even have a power supply or USB input. They were powered straight from the audio jack like a pair of headphones. Or get a pair of PC speakers that comes with an AC adapter for a wall outlet and not USB powered, that way you can plug them into the wall and plug the Bionic in as the input. Not as glamorous of a solution as a full-featured phone dock, but it would work.

Upvote 0
I feel your pain.

I ended up cobbling together a dock of sorts from a small powered speaker system and a Bracketron clamp-style mount that I attached to it.
I piggybacked a USB power adapter onto the speaker's power to reduce the number of power plugs to one.

It's been pretty good so far. I use it at with my Droid Bionic at work where I stream Sirius and Pandora all day.

I know putting something like this together isn't for everyone, but it shows what lengths folks well go to to have something that works in a similar way to all these obscenely convenient iPod docks.

Upvote 0
Its not that its hard to find.... They never made a dock like that. Guess they figured the audio jack would let people use whatever speakers they wanted. Also now that i think of it they make little android themed speakers that you can find on ebay and other places. Some even work wirelessly with bluetooth. You have a lot of speakers to choose from and a few docks... Just no docks with speakers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones