• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid bows down to the iPhone

Iphone has been out awhile so of course it has had the time to get the apps........but that all the phone has are the apps. The browser speed = that of the droid. I loved my iphone 3gs and as far as the apps department goes no other phone touches it; its an app machine. But lets be honest of the million apps how many do you really keep and find useful on a daily basis. For me there were nfl supercast (the droid has that), pandora radio (droid has it), espn radio (only iphone), bank apps (only iphone) . The iphone has 3 generations and it only got the nfl and espn in august.
I saw a commercial the other day about the iphone being able to go online and talk on the phone at the same time.....and i must ask, how often are you talking on the phone and really need to go online that instant. Talk about real issues, your check engine light come on and you realize your transmission is bout to go out, and you are able to use you phone to find a transmission shops in the area by just saying transmission, so you dont have to pull over or try to txt transmission while driving. That happened to me last week and I was able to find every transmission shop in the area and get real world pics of what it looks like. My iphone could not do that.
Seriously if you dig apps, features, music, fast browser, navigation, with out sacrificing call quality go droid. If you just want a business phone that emails and connect to outlook and you do not care about apps or using the browser as much go blackberry. If you just want apps (oh and being able to talk and go online at the same time) and you do not care about having other features such as multi tasking, a better network, good call quality, having to deal with apple support, being able to customize and use a back up battery, being able to add a sim card, being able to create your own apps, having a battery that could cook your food, or not having a physical keyboard, then the iphone is your best bet.
For me; i dropped the iphone 3gs and paid the 150 early cancellation fee and picked up verizon. The iphone 3gs coverage was horrible in my area so all the cool apps did me no good because it kept freezing, but verizon in this area my 3g has four bars the lowest i ever seen was one bar on the 3g. Att kept switching from edge to 3g which locked the phone up.
progress.gif

Upvote 0
iPhone owns droid. Guess the droid needs a couple of generations out before it comes even close to the performance of the iPhone. Sure the apps and the camera are good selling points, but overall performance is still trumphed by the iPhone. Hands down.

All I've got to say is, you took the time to come to this forum, create an account, and make this post. Obviously, the DROID has done something right.

Personally, I think you are just scared. You just came here to post this so if somebody was on the fence about the DROID or IPhone, then you want them to choose the IPhone.

Upvote 0
My son was in town over Thanksgiving. He has the iPhone. I was showing him some of the things with my phone and he said, "BUT, can your phone do this?" He turned on his Star Wars light saber. I opened up the market and found the Star Wars light saber for the Droid and said, "Hah! It was all in fun. He really likes the iPhone and I don't but my son and I still like each other. That being said he has told us that we can expect him to not answer his cell phone when he is at home because he has to be outside somewhere in order to get a connection. I like to have a phone that can actually make and receive calls reliably.

Upvote 0
All I've got to say is, you took the time to come to this forum, create an account, and make this post. Obviously, the DROID has done something right.

Personally, I think you are just scared. You just came here to post this so if somebody was on the fence about the DROID or IPhone, then you want them to choose the IPhone.

This tread was closed before but for some reason got opened again.

He's just an Apple Phan boy who was bored. Doesn't matter. People will get what they want. It's pointless to argue which is better because it's in the eye of the beholder.

Upvote 0
By the way,

We're letting this stay open just to give everyone a place to have the "droid vs iphone" ongoing debate. The member started a new thread rather than hijacking another and clearly it's a hot topic so - for now - we'll let it ride.

Maybe close it later, maybe start merging all the iphone/droid debates here - I dunno.

But for now - have fun. Just try to be civil to one another. You know, try to avoid the personal attacks and stuff.

Thanks.

edit: P.S. Droid > iphone.

:p

Upvote 0
iPhone owns droid. Guess the droid needs a couple of generations out before it comes even close to the performance of the iPhone. Sure the apps and the camera are good selling points, but overall performance is still trumphed by the iPhone. Hands down.

Am I the only one that noticed the fact that he mentions that the "apps and the camera" are good selling points, when those are actually two of the ONLY features I have not seen used as selling points in at least the commercials I have seen?

And on that note, the "overall performance" IS one of the KEY features that has been used to describe why the Droid is a better phone? (Better service, more functionability, etc...)

Just thought maybe if the thread starter wanted to start an arguement he could at least have some truth to his statement...

Upvote 0
Am I the only one that noticed the fact that he mentions that the "apps and the camera" are good selling points, when those are actually two of the ONLY features I have not seen used as selling points in at least the commercials I have seen?

And on that note, the "overall performance" IS one of the KEY features that has been used to describe why the Droid is a better phone? (Better service, more functionability, etc...)

Just thought maybe if the thread starter wanted to start an arguement he could at least have some truth to his statement...

I feel it's choppy IMHO versus the iphone. I know it's just software though.

Upvote 0
i just like how OP says iphone is faster without any explaination.

-I know my DROID is faster on the web then an iphone 3GS and i have tested it personally.

-I know the Verizon network is faster cause i've tested both.

-I have an Itouch and i know navigating on my droid is FASTER.

-I know Reading text on my droid is FASTER because i'm not contantly zooming like the low res iphone.

-I know access to Wifi, bluetooth, screen brightness and GPS is FASTER because droid has widgets.

-I know access to my music is FASTER because i have a widget

-I know speed dial and txt messaging is FASTER because i can make direct links.

-I know searching my contacts/web/email/multimedia is faster because i have 1 button that searches it all.

Upvote 0
i just like how OP says iphone is faster without any explaination.

-I know my DROID is faster on the web then an iphone 3GS and i have tested it personally.

-I know the Verizon network is faster cause i've tested both.

-I have an Itouch and i know navigating on my droid is FASTER.

-I know Reading text on my droid is FASTER because i'm not contantly zooming like the low res iphone.

-I know access to Wifi, bluetooth, screen brightness and GPS is FASTER because droid has widgets.

-I know access to my music is FASTER because i have a widget

-I know speed dial and txt messaging is FASTER because i can make direct links.

-I know searching my contacts/web/email/multimedia is faster because i have 1 button that searches it all.

Good post! Droid = iPhone Assassin. :p

Upvote 0
Yeah. Hear a lot of people who are bitter verizon iPhone wannabees. I have an iPhone, and really no reason to swap networks. Verizon definitely has better service, but it doesn't bother me so much.

I'm getting a droid because I don't want an iPhone. I don't like apple deliberatley delaying features so they can charge for it, I don't like how un-customizable it is, I don't like that I can't write apps for it, and I don't like iTunes. I also don't like using the same phone as all 18 people in the same train car as me. I like to pretend I'm not a sheep, and this makes it hard. And I like to think I would never by a soccermom car, why buy their phone? (harsh and inaccurate but fun, so w/e).

I'm going to get the droid because I'm tired of my iPhone. I'm not a newb either -- I've had the iPhone since the first year. It has always been the best, with no competition or alternative. Now that there is, thank god.

Upvote 0
"trumphs"...

phuck this thread. both phones are awesome. they're different phones. they can do A LOT of things similarly. and regarding apps... app developers are going to be closing the gap (Bump, for example. awesome cross-integration).

the networks are the true difference, and even that is still subjective. and the phuckin networks have nothing to do with the physical makeup of the phones anyways, so thats just a totally different argument.

Upvote 0
I left AT&T because of their crappy network here in Denver. I was happy with the iPhone but I was not happy with the service. I will admit when I saw all the Droid commercials, I got caught up in the hype and decided it was time to make the switch.

I had been eyeballing Android phones for awhile, but none of them seemed fully cooked. After I started reading about the Droid, it seemed like this was "the one". Glad i made the switch. I love it.

I miss a few things about the iPhone, mainly some Apps I used regularly. Hopefully given time some of those apps will make their way here, or at least some sort of alternative.

Upvote 0
The truth is that the Android is makeing waves, why else would the iphonies be makeing posts like with if they didn't feel their prised posesion wasn't in danger of lossing the pole position? Android phones are the first phones in a while to have a feature (magnetometer) copied by apple. That means android is doing something right. IF the iphone works for you, then there's no reason to envy any other phone right?

Upvote 0
they are afraid that when they whip out there iphone in a public place and i whip out my droid people won't pay attention to them anymore lol. not that i care about he attention i just like having a phone that does everything i need, but those iphone guys aren't happen till you love there phone and drool all over it.

Upvote 0

iPhone owns droid? In other words, when the iPhone needed a new cell it bought a Droid?

Good for it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones