Droid Broke and verizon sent me a 2.

Last Updated:

1. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Farewell my droid root peeps. They sent me a 2 b/c of droid1 shortages. I'm excited but sad I. Can't partake in this community anymore. I already miss Bugless Beast.

I have to say this phone is much snappier though even when I ran my D1 at 1.2ghz.
    Thanks for all the fun times.

-Justin

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

3. b3nder

b3nder Active Member

sounds like i need to start breaking my droid and get a 2.. too bad its been broken for a long time (headphone jack is f'd up) but they won't let me exchange it because of a hairline crack wayyy on the side of the screen (just the glass).

4. hydeburns

hydeburns New Member

After I read this I planned a trip to the verizon store. Been needing a replacement for a while cause of the headphone jack. (seems to be a widely shared issue) Been putting it off until I read about this dude getting a D2 at no extra charge. Sadly, I checked the replacement order stat online, Refurb D1. Oh well. Maybe I'll win the R2D2 D2 in this contest.

5. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

I had some time to spend with one in a verizon store and was pretty impressed with the D2. It seemed a bit jittery until I installed launcher pro and then it was smooth as silk and very fast. Flash seemed to work well from what I could tell. But I would hate to have to pay for wireless tether.

6. dja1980

dja1980 Well-Known Member

7. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

I went to Verizon today due to the head phone jack being messed up on my droid. They told me that it would be at least a week to get a replacement D1. I told I needed it sooner due to it being my only phone (no home phone) the brought out a manager and ordered me a D2 at no charge. Should be here Friday... :)

8. vr6dubbin

vr6dubbin Well-Known Member

This all sounds like such a headache... the only problem i'm having with my Droid is the power button becoming extremely hard to press down. I'm almost ready to just keep the phone until November when the year warranty is almost up. I honestly don't want to risk getting a D2 or a D1 that isn't as good as mine..

How does the D2 "feel" in your hands compared to the D1? More or less solid?

9. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

A coworker just got the D2 and I seem to be the resident Android guru at my station, so I got to play with it a bit. I do like the feel of it in my hands, and I might just like the keyboard better, but it's not all that diff from my Droid. However, I was not impressed with the speed of it. Seemed quite laggy. I didn't get to play with it long enough to see what was the cause, but there weren't many apps or widgets that I could see what the potential cause was. Perhaps there were too many running in the background, but it's def not faster than my OCed D1.

I guess it does run NinjaBlur, or whatever it's being called as you have access to Motorola Widgets in the same sense you have HTC Sense widgets. There are some pretty neat widgets, none of which I can remember now. I'll need another chance to play with it. Come to think of it, that might be why it was lagging. I dunno.