Droid buggin' out.Support

Last Updated:

1. Aion

Aion New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello fellow Droid users.

Not sure where to post this so I just went ahead and posted it here and an Admin can move it to the correct part of the forum if it doesn't fit here.

Anyway, onto my problem.

I bought a Droid 2 days ago from a Verizon store. I must say, it's the greatest phone I had ever bought myself. It worked fine up until about 4 hours ago.

I was at work, so I had placed my Droid in a locker as to not damage it while working. I had put it in the lock/sleep.

As I took a break I got out my Droid to text random people to kind of kill time when it started taking on a mind of its own. As in, it started opening apps, opening games, web surfing, all of this while I was just holding it watching in awe. I couldn't quite understand why it was doing it, hoping it was just a small bug that restarting the phone could fix. So I turned it off, and turned it back on. It worked for about 5 minutes and started the same process over. Apps opening and closing, and eventually my phone froze up.

I'm not sure what could have caused it. I've only had it for 2 days and bought it new so maybe it was just a bad egg. It had worked completely fine, and I have not dropped it or damaged it in any way shape or form. I tried the factory reset as well but that didn't even stop the droid from doing it's own thing.

Not sure what else to do besides take it back for another now.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

EDIT:

Here's a summary of what my Motorola Droid it is doing post-factory reset.

-"Ghost clicking" apps and any icons on the homescreen.
    -"Opening the Google voice search
    -Rapidly changing from the 3 homescreens. (As if someone is running their finger back and forth.)

All of this while the phone is simply sitting by itself on a table with nothing touching it. I've had the phone for about 2 days now and had no problems up until this point. I had not downloaded any shady apps, or put anything onto it besides music.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the only thing I can do is take it back for another.

Advertisement
  2. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member

try a battery pull

3. Aion

Aion New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I tried that too. You mean try it while it's on or turn it off and pull it out?

I honestly can't figure out why it's acting up. Been sitting here for a good hour messing with it and getting the same results even after the factory reset.

Oh well, I can just get a new one. :p

4. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member

Even after a hard reset? Wow, yeah take that one back!!!