Droid Bugs - Anyone Else?Support

Last Updated:

1. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've got different unrelated bugs that really annoy me on my Droid, and am just curious as if others are experiencing the same.

FYI, I am rooted and ROM'd but have experienced these before so.

1. Music quirks - I still have playback issues. All the time, any music. It skips, pops, lags. Why? I don't have the volume at full. It happens on any plug, so its not an isolated situation. I can't listen to music and enjoy it.

2. Touchscreen Keyboard - when typing, wether it be in messaging, email, or whatever, the text mysteriously disappears. No text can be inputted. Sometimes opening up the external keyboard makes it reappear, but not always. Sometimes I have to reboot the phone.

3. Phone Calls - I'll dial out, and the call time will begin, but no ring tone or dial tone can be heard. Once this bug occurs, I can't make any calls until I reboot.

This isn't supposed to be me ranting or flaming. I am just trying to see if others are having these issues as well and if there is anything I can do to fix them. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

!. ROM issue. The oc kernels cause this i believe. I got my car speakers replaced cause I thought it was my car! :eek:

2. never seen this

3. I hsve TONS of issues like this. Today, my phone actually turned off mid call. I usually have lag before the call starts ringing also. It really sucks, most of my issues are with calling. Not verizon issues, but droid issues. I would say 80% of my calls result in frustration, wether the sensor thinks my face left and i hag or, or sometimes the phone exits and redials the same person while im already talking to them. haha

infact, my first droid had to be returned because I couldnt even make calls :mad:

3. ac32cl

ac32cl Member

I am not rooted and:
    1. I dont have the same music issues but I do have headphone jack issues with sound being transferred properly from headphone jack to phone ear speaker.
    2. I do have this problem from time to time. The field to type in will pop up but no text will come up when I type it. I have to use the slideout keyboard to type in what I need. Then at random it will work again, without having to reboot.
    3. I have been experiencing alot of issues lately with phone calls. Sometimes I get a real long lag (up to 15 seconds) from the time I hit a speed dial icon to the time it starts to actually make the call. I have gotten the "force close" or "wait" for the dialer app message when making calls. I have even pulled the battery a few times and still had problems making the call after it rebooted. Very frustrating since its main purpose is supposed to be a phone. I used to have alot of sensor issues when making calls but they have mysteriously gotten much better. I still have them every now and again and I just tap the power button to get the screen back on to end a call.

4. Barkleyfan

Barkleyfan Well-Known Member

Aside from some network lag here and there holding up dialing, I have experienced none of these issues. I don't listen to music much. At the gym, I'll listen to a little over Moto S305's. No issues. Sound better than my corded set. Text is either via Swype (which has it's own little bugs), voice, or slider. Never use default onscreen keyboard.

5. Jeff K USA

Jeff K USA New Member

Hey there,

I haven't experienced the problem one or three but two is a constant issue...

2. For this issue (I am using the HTC DROID ERIS) here is what I do, and most of the times it works:

When I notice the phone wont take input from the keyboard I click on the little settings icon (the one that looks like a gear). Then I click on the "Type Input" option. Let it open up then just back out of it until I get back to the text message screen. You don't have to click on any of the options inside the "Type Input" area, just go to it and then hit the back key key till u get back to the keyboard.

Not guaranteeing it will always work, but it does most of the time and only takes about 10 sec to do if that long.

This is my first post on here, I hope I was helpful.
    I love the droid. :D

~ Jeff K.