Droid Calendar only Syncs repeating eventsSupport

Last Updated:

1. ZachSchuster

ZachSchuster New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I just got a droid 2 today. I have a Gmail account. E-Mail is working fine, but the calendar is only syncing repeating events. I have tried stopping and restarting the calendar, as well as removing and relinking the account. The problem persists.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Have you tried creating a new Gmail account and seeing if you have the same problem w/that one as well...something's fishy, I've never heard of this before on a Droid.

You might want to try a factory reset (Settings>Privacy) just to be sure there isn't some odd byte in the wrong place that's screwing you up.

Could also try clearing cache/data for the Calendar app in Settings>Applications>Manage>All Apps before doing a factory reset.

3. ZachSchuster

ZachSchuster New Member This Topic's Starter

Bizarre...

I reset the phone and set it up again for my account. The same problem occurred. I took it to the IT guys at my work and after checking several settings, we accidentally found a solution.

We noticed that in the accounts section the mail and contacts did not have the sync icon next to it. The calendar would actively sync (icon rotated) and then it would stop rotating, but the icon remained.

In the calendar, we went to: Menu>More>Calendars and set my account to not synced, not visible.

Went back to the Home screen.

Went back in to Menu>More> Calendars and set the calendar to synced and visible.

The entire calendar populated after that.

Why would it have not synced properly the first time?

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Nice that you tracked it down (you mean your company actually has IT guys you can see and talk to?! They are endangered species and rarely seen other than in Nature shows on PBS...