Droid Case Magnet Fix?

Last Updated:

1. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I got sick of my velcro case because I was sick of hearing the velco to be honest. lol It was also quite annoying in class to pull my phone out when it was silent and have everyone look at me. Anyways, on why I posted this in root. Do you think it would be possible to somehow build something into for example CM that would prevent the magnet from activating the phone? I know the lock screen temp fix, but I am sick of drawing the little pattern. Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks ahead of time!

Advertisement
  2. Titaniac

Titaniac Well-Known Member

I found out that if I put my Droid in my case with the screen facing out (closer to the magnets), the phone is unaffected. U can try it with ur case...

3. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the tip! i was just messing with that for about 30 minutes and that seems to fix the car dock issue. but i do notice sometimes when i put it in, the lock screen comes up, or sometimes when i pull it out it turns on as well. so i set my screen timeout to 15 seconds and hopefully that will fix this problem!

4. Titaniac

Titaniac Well-Known Member

Yep. Cuz as ur sliding it out the backside of the phone is against the flap which has the magnet... good luck..

5. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

I believe there are couple cases out there with magnet closures that are compatible with the Droid... Sensido supposedly has one... Haven't tried any of them yet though...

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

if you delete the dock apks does it solve the problem. I really dont know cause I dont use docks or magnet cases just tossing out an idea